Recycling / Solid Waste

Household Hazardous Waste Collections 2017

Date Time Location
June 3, 2017 8:30am to 12:30pm Hartford Transfer/Recycling Center
(2590 North Hartland Rd, WRJ)

September 16, 2017 9:00am to 1:00pm Norwich Town Garage
(24 Boston Rd)

October 14, 2017  9:00am to 1:00pm Vershire Fire Station 
(9111 VT Rte. 113)
Visit the Household Hazardous Waste Program page for more information.

Transfer/Recycling Center Information

  1. Recycling and Waste Disposal

    View the Rules and Guidelines, Rates, and Accepted Materials for recycling and waste disposal at the Hartford Transfer/Recycling Center.

  2. Curbside Recycling

    Learn about Hartford's Curbside Recycling program. View the pickup calendar and list of acceptable curbside recyclables.

  3. Electronics, Batteries, Paint & Light Bulbs

    View information about recycling options for electronics, batteries, paint and fluorescent and HID mercury containing bulbs.

  4. Household Hazardous Waste Program

    View information and dates for Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) programs for both residents and small businesses.

  5. Purchase Recycling and Compost Bins

    Purchase Recycling and Compost Bins from the Hartford Transfer/Recycling Center

  6. Reuse Opportunities

    Learn about local options for donating clothing, shoes, furniture and household items.

  7. About the Hartford Transfer/Recycling Center

    Learn about the Hartford Transfer/Recycling Center