Parks & Recreation
Our mission is to serve the recreational needs of the community by offering lifelong learning through recreational and educational programming utilizing existing parks and facilities.
Our Commitment To Quality
Your satisfaction is our goal. We strive to provide you with high-quality recreational programs and we take pride in making your recreational experience and enjoyable one. Please fill out an evaluation form for a specific course to share your concerns and suggestions for improvement.
- Register for programs and pay on-line with your credit or debit card. *3.5% convenience fee will be added to credit or debit card purchases
- View program descriptions, registration information
- Access to your family schedules right at your fingertips.
- Sign up for announcements and alerts.
Dog Leash LawEffective Friday, June 13, 2014 all dogs must be on a leash in the following Town Parks:
- Kilowatt North Park
- Kilowatt South Park (off-leash designated area in this park)
- Watson Memorial Park (off-leash designated area in the Dog Park)
- Hurricane Wildlife Refuge Park (off-leash is allowed in the Town Forest)
- Frost Park
- Lyman Point Park
- Veterans Memorial Park
- Fred Briggs Park
- George Radcliffe Park
- Meeting House Common Park
- Dewey's Landing Park
- Erwin Clifford Park
- Quechee Green Park is owned and operated by Quechee Lakes Landowners Association. The Quechee Green Bandstand is owned by the Town of Hartford and operated by Hartford Parks & Recreation.
We are in need of volunteers for fall and winter programs. Apply by filling out and sending in the volunteer application. You can obtain one at the recreation office or apply here.
Have a New Program Idea?
Do you have an idea that would make a great program or would like to see a new program offered in your community? If so, please do not be afraid to let us know about it! Please contact Jay McDonough at the Hartford Parks and Recreation Department at 802-295-5036 or or by email to share your idea!
Parks & Recreation Commission
Michael Vanasse, Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alison L. Childs, Vice Chair: email@example.com
Brett Mayfield, Recording Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
David M. Crocco, Jr., Member: email@example.com
Kevin M. Stuart, Member: firstname.lastname@example.org
VACANT (2 Positions)
Hartford Parks & Recreation Director, Scott Hausler, email@example.com
Hartford Schoolboard, Brett Mayfield, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hartford Selectboard, TBD
Hartford Tree Board, Kevin M. Stuart, email@example.com
Youth Programs Liaison, Michael Vanasse, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hartford High School Student Liaison, Caroline Hamilton, email@example.com
Hartford Planning & Zoning Commission, VACANT
The Parks and Recreation Commission is regularly scheduled to meet on the 2nd Thursday of each month at the Hartford Municipal Building at 5:30 pm.
These meetings are open to the public and input is always welcome.
- View the 2020 meeting schedule HERE.