To identify and protect Hartford’s natural resources, to educate our community about natural heritage, and to foster local environmental stewardship.
The Hartford Conservation Commission was established in 1990. It's charge is to:
- Acquire and protect valuable wildlife habitat, scenic view shed and watershed areas.
- Develop an inventory of natural resources throughout Hartford.
- Educate and increase awareness of conservation and recreation goals and impacts.
- Encourage recreational uses consistent with the preservation of the natural beauty that exists within our town.
- Maintain and preserve natural areas.
|Thomas Kahl, Chair||Jonathan Bouton|
|Angela Emerson||C. Dana Hazen|
|Mary Hutchins||Lee Michaelides
Dennis Brown - Selectboard Liaison
- 1st Monday of the Month. Meeting Schedule (PDF)
- Agendas and Minutes can be found in the Agenda Center
Town Forest Resource Assessment and Forest Management Plan
Since the fall of 2019, The Conservation Commission has been working on an update of the Town Forest Resource Assessment and Forest Management Plan (TFRA & FMP).
On November 2, 2020, the Hartford Selectboard adopted the (TFRA & FMP).
In addition, a remote community meeting on the update of the Forest Management Plan for the Hartford Town Forest was held on Wednesday, July 15, 2020. See video below.
- Adopted Town Forest Resource Assessment/Forest Management Plan (See attached) (See attached)
- Three-page Summary (See here)
- Forest Stands Map (See here)
- Potential Timber Sale 2022 (See here)
The following is a link to a series of videos that County Forester A.J. Follensbee has put together on forest management and the planned winter 2021/2022 timber harvest.
If you wish to correspond with Members by mail please address to 171 Bridge Street, White River Junction, VT 05001. To leave a message please call 802-295-3075.
Interested in getting involved???
If you are interested in getting involved with the Conservation Commission or have questions about their work, contact Matt Osborn at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view more information regarding the Hartford Conservation Commission, please visit us at https://www.hartford-vt.org/2227/Conservation