- 1st Monday of every month
- 2023 Meeting Schedule (PDF)
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Thomas Kahl, Chair
Term Ends: August 24, 2024
- Katie Mann, Vice Chair
Term Ends: March 20, 2027
- Skylar Claud
Term Ends July 31, 2027
- Mary Erdei, Selectboard Liaison
- Mary Hutchins
Term Ends: November 4, 2023
- Ted Levin
Term Ends: November 15, 2025
- Chris Beetham
Term Ends: August 7, 2027
- Mike Harris
Term Ends: August 7, 2027
The Hartford Conservation Commission was established in 1990.
- Acquire and protect valuable wildlife habitat, scenic view shed and watershed areas.
- Develop an inventory of natural resources throughout Hartford.
- Educate and increase awareness of conservation and recreation goals and impacts.
- Encourage recreational uses consistent with the preservation of the natural beauty that exists within our town.
- Maintain and preserve natural areas.
To identify and protect Hartford's natural resources, to educate our community about natural heritage, and to foster local environmental stewardship.
- Town Forest Management Plan (PDF)
- Appendix A - Trails Map of the Hartford Town Forest and Hurricane Forest Wildlife Refuge (PDF)
- Appendix B - Map of Boundary and Forest Management Units, Harwood Forestry Services (PDF)
- Appendix C - Hartford Town Forest Resource Assessment and Forest Management Plan (PDF)
- Appendix D - Map of Town Forest Boundary and Forest Management Units (PDF)
- Appendix E - Enactment of Permanent Conservation Plan for Wetland Property (PDF)
- Appendix F - Forest Bird Habitat Assessment (PDF)
- Appendix G - Biological Inventory of Amphibians (PDF)
- Appendix H - Bat Inventory Hartford Town Forest, Northern Stewards (PDF)
- Appendix I - Hartford Town Forest Recreation Management Plan (PDF)
- Appendix J - Hartford Town Forest Recreation Plan, SE Group 2018 (PDF)
- Appendix K - Vermont Town Forest Recreation Planning Natural Resources Guidance Toolkit (PDF)
- Appendix L - Upper Valley Mountain Bike Association Member Network MOU (PDF)
Town Forest Recreation Management Plan
In 2021, the Hartford Conservation Commission updated the Recreational Management Plan for the Hartford Town Forest.
Town Forest Resource Assessment & Forest Management Plan
During 2019 and 2020, The Conservation Commission worked with County Forester A.J. Follensbee on an update of the Town Forest Resource Assessment and Forest Management Plan (TFRA and FMP). On November 2, 2020, the Hartford Selectboard adopted the plan. In addition, a remote community meeting on the update of the Forest Management Plan for the Hartford Town Forest was held on Wednesday, July 15, 2020.
On January 31, 2022, the Conservation Commission hosted a community meeting on the planned 2023 Timber Harvest. View the meeting agenda and minutes from the January 31, 2022 meeting.
See a series of videos that County Forester A.J. Follensbee has put together on forest management and the planned winter 2022 to 2023 timber harvest.