For new construction, alterations, renovations, additions, or demolition of public buildings.
- Installation of new fire protection systems.
- Whenever a public building changes uses.(Example 1: a business office becomes a mercantile.) (Example 2: a single family, owner occupied home becomes a rental.)
- Whenever a place of assembly, which holds more than 50 people, changes ownership or increases the occupant load.
- For the erection of a temporary structure for public use such as a tent over 1200 square feet, grandstands, or bleachers.
- To conduct a hazardous process such as flammable liquid spraying, explosives storage and manufacturing, and flammable liquid storage.
You should contact the Fire Prevention Division for a complete list of situations that require a permit. A fire prevention permit is usually needed even if you have received a Town Zoning Permit.