Permits & Forms

Burn Permit Form

A burn permit is required before you have an open burn. This permit is for Hartford residents only, and it must be filled out and on file before an open burn can occur. 

You can access a burn permit form online. Please print and complete the form.

Complete the form and mail it to:
Hartford Fire Department
812 VA Cutoff Road
White River Junction, VT 05001

You may also pick up and complete a form at the Fire Station.
Doc app

Document Center

The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.

Categories always sorted by seq (sub-categories sorted within each category)
Documents sorted by in Descending Order within category

Permits12 documents

  • HFD Construction Permit
  • Construction Permit Application
  • HFD Exhaust Hood Permit
  • HFD Fire Alarm Permit
  • HFD Fire Suppression Permit
  • HFD Sprinkler System Permit
  • HFD Street Closure Permit for Special Events
  • HFD Tank Permit
  • HFD Tent Permit
  • HFD Underground Piping Permit
  • Asst Chief JD

Forms3 documents

  • HFD Change of Use/Ownership Inspection Request
  • Final Valuation Form 2010
  • Fire Protection Policy - Site Development Subdivision Checklist