Economic DevelopmentWhat We Do
- Promote and assist existing Hartford businesses to continue and expand.
- Promote and support tourism.
- Provide opportunities for new businesses to locate in Hartford.
How We Do It
- Assistance with local and state tax incentive opportunities.
- Assistance with local permitting process
- Links with the Small Business Development Center and the Green Mountain Economic Development Corporation to assist in development of business plans and other support as needed
- Low interest loans through the Hartford Business Revolving Loan Fund
- Resource for available land and buildings
- Resource for public and private funding
- Work with local chambers of commerce and Regional Marketing Organizations
Special State Designations
- White River Junction Tax Increment Finance District
- Hartford Growth Center
- White River Junction Designated Downtown District
- Quechee Designated Village Center
Interested in More Information?
For more information, contact Lori Hirshfield, Director of the Hartford Department of Planning and Development Services at 802-295-3075 or by email.